lunes, 18 de marzo de 2013

Black Leather Material

Hi everybody. Today I'm going to try to make a black leather material.


The most important in this material is to get the leather texture. If you see some examples like this, leather texture has a pattern similar to some overlapped distorted grids. Probably this material is not good enough for a close-up image, but I think it could be useful for cars interior, clothes or furniture. This is the node setup I have made:


I have mixed both bands textures with the darken feature. See here in this post for color mix modes examples. After mixing, I have added a invert node and a gamma node to flatten the texture. So the bubble look disappears. I have tried to make a subtle bump effect here:


Note that bump feature is still experimental, and it is a target to improve in blender version 2.67.

This material is black leather and it hasn't hues. In the next post I will show you brown leather with some improvements.

You can download a newer version of this texture in blendswap.

Bye

1 comentario:

Rodrigo dijo...

Muchas gracias ! muy buen acercamiento..

Este sitio emplea cookies de Google para prestar sus servicios, para personalizar anuncios y para analizar el tráfico. Google recibe información sobre tu uso de este sitio web. Si utilizas este sitio web, se sobreentiende que aceptas el uso de cookies. Más información Entendido